Let’s be real, coffee is as big of a necessity as water for some people, including myself! Luckily, Los Angeles has hundreds of coffee shops and each of them having their own unique style. Now, I don’t know about you, but my peers and I love finding new coffee shops because there’s always somewhere new to photograph and new coffee to taste! Below, are our favorite coffee shops around LA. Each of these coffee shops are in different neighborhoods and all of them serve delicious coffee!
1) Maru Coffee– Located in Los Feliz, Maru Coffee is an intimate coffee shop where you can go for coffee, tea and baked goods. The best part of Maru is that it also doubles as an office space because it’s really quite and allows you to get work done if you need to. The atmosphere is very calm and the space is decorated with minimal colors. My favorite drink here is the Iced Chai Latte with extra cinnamon.
2) Eightfold Coffee– Located in Echo Park, Eightfold Coffee is one of the most Instagramable coffee shops in LA for its all-white, aesthetically pleasing atmosphere and marble tables. They have a variety of coffees, teas and light bites such as baked goods and different types of toasts. This coffee shop is also a great place to get some work done as well because of its relaxed ambiance.
3) Capital One (Americana Way) – Located in Glendale, the Capital One Café is definitely a must-see as this isn’t just a regular coffee shop. Capital One Bank and Peete’s Coffee partnered together in this modern coffee shop right on the corner of the Americana On Brand. The best part is, you don’t have to be a Capital One user to visit the coffee shop, but it does make it easier if you need to go to the bank and want a coffee. There is a large variety of coffees, teas and baked goods as well.
4) Alfred Coffee (Melrose Place) – Alfred Coffee is undoubtably one of ^the most popular coffee brands in Los Angeles. It is an essential for LA folks and all of their coffee shops are Instagramable as well. This one, on Melrose Place is their very first location and a great place to take pictures as well. They not only have delicious coffee but an abundance of baked goods and to-go snacks. The famous “But first, coffee” logo is recognizable from miles away and totally worth the hype.
5) Make Out Coffee Shop – Located in Culver City, Make Out is not one you want to miss out! Apart from its funny name, Make Out Coffee is a great place to hang out with friends and also to eat, since they have a large coffee selection. From coffees, teas, baked goods, juices and lunch foods, they have something for everyone. This is also another coffee shop that allows you to work or study if you need to, as the atmosphere is pretty relaxed.
6) Lamill Coffee – Located in Silverlake, Lamill Coffee is the coffee shop you want to go to if you are looking to catch up with an old friend or if you want to vibe at an aesthetically pleasing coffee shop. The floor-to-ceiling windows and interior furnishing such as their chandeliers give it a lux-modern feel. We do not recommend this coffee shop if you are looking to study, as they don’t have that many outlets to plug your computer in. On the bright side, they have both indoor and outdoor seating, a wide variety of specialty drinks and a great food menu. Their menu ranges from hearty salads, tasty sandwiches, to your typical avocado toast. (After all, it wouldn’t be a coffee shop in Silverlake if it wasn’t for the avocado toast, right?). I suggest you try their spinach artichoke danish which is one of a kind, trust me, you will be hooked! As for drink options, one special to this place is the “Valrhona Mocha”, which is their own version of mocha but with a richer taste.
Another great one is the Nitro Cold Brew. This will definitely give you the energy boost if you are in need of one! They have a parking lot in the back, however, it is a bit small and it gets full quickly. Don’t worry, there is street parking available in case you don’t find a spot. After having a nice lunch and an awakening coffee at Lamill, there are a few shops to browse around the area and the Silverlake reservoir in case you feel like taking a nice walk.